Congratulations on building your very first Wing application. We hope that this guide was helpful in demonstrating the power of the abstractions the Wing Language.
A quick recap
Let's quickly walk through everything we've done together:
- We've written a simple Hello, World! program.
- We've explored and interacted with our app through the Wing Console.
- We've learned about compilation targets and compiled our app to Terraform/AWS, deployed it into an AWS account and used through the AWS Management Console.
- Finally we've compiled our program to the
simtarget, which created a simulated version of our entire cloud application, and loaded it into an instance of the
Simulatorclass and interacted with the simulator programmatically through the Node.js REPL.
Here's some recommended reading:
- Contributor's Handbook - the one-stop shop for contributing to Wing.
- Concepts - a collection of topics on various concepts of the Wing language.
- Language Specification - the full specification of the language (note that it is not fully implemented yet).
- SDK Reference - the API reference for the Wing SDK.